IMPORTANT INFORMATION – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Following the advice from our professional organisations the General Chiropractic Council, the British Chiropractic Association and Royal College of Chiropractors, we have taken the decision to open our clinic. We are available to see all patients that require care from Monday 15th June 2020.
Health and safety is of the utmost importance to us and to help maintain infection control and prevention of COVID -19 we have had to look at the way we operate and have implemented the following changes when you visit the clinic.
Risk Assessment: All New patients will initially receive a Free telephone consultation by the Chiropractor to assess you. We will then email you a new patient form to complete along with a questionnaire to assess if you have any COVID-19 symptoms. Once we have reviewed your case and questionnaire we will assess whether you require a face to face consultation. We will then need to carry out a telehealth service via phone to go through a more in-depth consultation and take a case history.
Existing patients can continue to book as normal, however you will still be asked to complete a questionnaire to assess if you have any COVID-19 symptoms.
These include those that are:
- Over the age of 70
- Have a long-term health condition
- Have a weakened immune system
These patients will firstly be offered tele-health advice. If you need to be seen face to face we will make special arrangements for you and offer you the first appointment of the day so that we can minimise your contact.
Though we have detailed plans and risk assessments along with rigorous procedures and precautionary measures in place we cannot guarantee that you will be 100% safe from Covid 19. We are therefore requesting written consent prior to any treatments. This will be emailed to you and needs to be sent back to us prior to your appointment.
The Chiropractor will be wearing full PPE consistent with Government guideline such as a face mask, face visor, disposable gloves and a disposable apron which will be changed between each patient. He will regularly wash/sanitise hands.
To help us reduce the risk of any cross contamination and keep everyone safe please adhere to the following, your safety and well being are paramount to us.
- Please do not bring belongings such as handbags, jewellery, watches and phones with you. If you do have a phone with you whilst in the treatment room this must be placed in your pocket prior to entering the clinic or in a small plastic bag and not be removed until you have left the building. This is to allow us to reduce the risk of any contamination.
- To maintain social distancing, we ask you remain seated in your car until your appointment time. Please do not arrive early or wait in the reception area. Please give us a missed call at your appointment time and wait for someone to open the door for you.
- You will have your temperature checked upon arrival by an infrared thermometer and be asked a series of questions again to assess and ensure that you are not presenting any of the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 before you enter the clinic.
- Patients will also be asked to wear a face mask. If you do not have your own you may purchase a 3-ply disposable mask for £1.00 from the clinic.
- We will offer an anti-bacterial sanitising gel upon arrival and exit from the clinic with appropriate signage and instructions.
- Please attend alone unless you are assisting a minor, only one family member may attend.
- We will continually disinfect all contact points, the treatment room and treatment couch after each patient visit so please allow at least 10 minutes for this to happen.
- We are not providing gowns when assessing new patients so ask that you wear loose comfortable clothing so that the chiropractor can assess your spine.
- Please ensure that you have been to the toilet prior to attending the clinic to limit the use of toilet facilities and cross contamination. If you do urgently require the use of a toilet please ensure that you inform us so that we can disinfect all surfaces.
- The telephone will not be manned at all times so please either leave a message or if you need to get in touch with us urgently it will be best to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are asking everyone to please check if they have any of these symptoms listed below and not to attend clinic and rearrange their appointments to safeguard everyone.
- If you or anyone in your household has a high temperature above 37.5 degrees.
- If you have a new continuous cough
- If you have loss of smell or taste
- Feeling generally unwell
- If you have had any of these symptoms or are living with someone or been in contact with someone presenting these.
- If you or anyone you have been in contact with has confirmed COVID-19 in the last 14-21 days.
Please be patient with us during these unprecedented times. We are still here to listen to your needs and concerns and offer advice, so please do not hesitate to contact us. We are passionate about putting our patient’s needs and safety first whilst still offering the highest quality of care.