There is considerable amount of scientific evidence to support the effectiveness of the conditions treated by chiropractors
- Bronfort G, Mitch Haas, Roni Evans, Brent Leininger, Jay Triano: Effectiveness of manual therapies: the UK evidence report. Bronfort et al. Chiropractic & Osteopathy 2010, 18:3
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Early Management of persistent non-specific low back pain. 2009 May.
- Airaksinen O, Brox JI, Cedraschic C, Hildebrandt J Klaber-Moffett J, Kovacs F et al:, et al. : Chapter 4. European guidelines for the management of chronic nonspecific low back pain. Eur Spine J 2006, 15 Suppl 2: S169-S191.
- Van Tulder M, Becker A, Bekkering T, et al. The COST B13 Working group on guidelines for the management of acute low back pain in primary care. Eur Guidelines for the management of acute non-specific low back pain in primary care. Eur Spine J 2006 Mar; 15 supp 2: S169-91.
- Department of Health. Musculoskeletal Services Framework for England and Wales. 12 July 2006
- UK Beam Trial: Back pain, exercise and manipulation (UK BEAM) randomised trial: effectiveness of physical treatments for back pain in primary care. British Medical Journal Nov 2004; 329; 1377-1385.
- Bronfort G, Nilsson N, Haas M, Evans R, Goldsmith CH, Assendelft WJJ, Bouter LM. Non invasive physical treatments for chronic/recurrent headache (review). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2004 issue 3.
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Osteoarthritis: national clinical guideline for care and management in adults. Clinical guideline 59. February 2008
- Pollard H, Ward G, Hoskins W, Hardy K. The effect of a manual therapy knee protocol on osteoarthritic knee pain: a randomised controlled trial. J Can Chiroprac Assn 2008; 52: 230-242.
- Bisset L, Paungmaili A. Vicenzino B, Beller E. A systematic review and meta-analysis of clinical trials on physical interventions for latearal epicondylalgia. Br J Sports Med 2005; 39:411-422
- Bussieres AE, Peterson C. Taylor JA. Diagnostic imagine guideline for musculoskeletal complaints in adults – an evidence based approach – part 2: upper extremity disorders. J Manipulative Physiol Ther 2008 Jan;31(1):2-32
- Spitzer WO, Skovron ML, Salmi LR, Cassidy JD, Duranceau J, Swissa S, Zeiss E. Scientific monograph of the Quebec Task Force on Whiplash Associated Disorders: redefining whiplash and its management. Spine. 1995;20(8S): 1S-73S
- Haldeman S, Carroll L, Cassidy D. Schubert J, Nygren A: The Bone and Joint Decade 2000-2010 Task Force on Neck Pain and Its Associated Disorders: executive summary. Spine 2008. 33: S5-S7
- Vermeulen HM, Rozing PM, Obermann WR, LeCessie S, Vliet Vieland TP. Comparison of high grade and low grade mobilisation techniques in the management of adhesive capsulitis of the shoulder randomised controlled trial Phys Ther 2006 Mar; 86(3): 355-68.
- Van den Dolder PA, Roberts DL. A trial into the effectiveness of soft tissue massage in the treatment of shoulder pain. Austr J Physiotherapy 2003; 49(3): 183-8.
- Palmer KT, Walsh K, et al. Back pain in Britain: comparison of two prevalence surveys at an interval of 10 years BMJ 2000; 320:1577-1578.